- Professional Qualification
- Amateur Medal Tests
CONDITIONS & INFORMATION
- Candidates must be sixteen (16) years of age.
- Holding a N.A.T.D. Country Western Dance Qualification, does not entitle the holder to full membership of the Association. They may not vote, but may attend Association meetings and lectures.
- The examination will be conducted in three parts:-
- Any candidates who solely posses a Country Western qualification, will only be permitted to enter pupils for Country Western Medal Examinations. Teachers wishing to gain access to other forms of dance will need to qualify in those particular forms of dance.
- The Examiner’s decision is final, and no verbal or written discussion can be entered into.
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate four (4) C & W line repeatable dances, and then explain how to teach them.
These dances should vary in standards e.g.
4.) Gold and above
5.) They can be 2 or 4 wall dances
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate specific figures and moves or combinations of movements, as requested by the Examiner.
- Candidates should posses acknowledge of couples and mixed dances, and the various holds involved; and explain how to teach them.
NB: C & W Terminology must be used throughout and a good stance and authentic style must be shown.
- The candidate must have a thorough knowledge of the Glossary of Terms in this Syllabus.
- Candidates should have acknowledge of Time Signatures, Rhythm and Tempo; and their application to C & W Dance.
- Candidates will be expected to explain the maintaining of correct C & W Floor Etiquette.
- Candidates will be assessed on their ability to understand scripts.
The Examiner will provide a script for the candidate to work out and teach.
- Appearance, voice projection, personality and ability to teach pupils at differing standards and ages, will be required.
- Acknowledge of how to create a good class atmosphere, using good teaching methods. is of vital importance.
- A candidates choice of music will be taken into consideration.
Amateur Medal Tests
The Candidate may dance ‘solo line’ or ‘partner dances’ and will be assessed on rhythmic interpretation, presentation, co-ordination, use of feet and an authentic portrayal of the dance form.
Costume may be of candidate’s choice.
|ONE DANCE TEST-||A Minimum of four actions and/or movements should be used.|
|BRONZE-||Two dances with a minimum of four actions and/or movements in each dance.|
|SILVER-||Three dances with a minimum of four actions and/or movements in each dance.|
|GOLD-||Four dances with a minimum of four actions and/or movements in each dance.|
|GOLD CROSS-GOLD BAR-NATIONAL AWARD-||Four dances with a minimum of eight actions and/or movements in each dance.|
ALL HIGHER AWARDS AS FOR GOLD CROSS AND ABOVE